Is your school and instructors certified by the State of Wisconsin?
What is necessary to enroll?
- You have two options to enroll. Find a class schedule on our website and fill out our on-line registration form or you may call our office at 731-2121 between 8:00-4:30, Monday -Friday.
- A deposit is required to hold a student’s place in a class.
Can I enroll in only the classroom or Behind the wheel portions of the program?
- Yes. While we encourage students to enroll in the program as a package, we understand there may be situations where an individual may need to separate those. Please call our office at (920)731-2121 for any specific questions you may have.
Where are the classes held?
- We have two dedicated local classrooms in the Fox Valley area: 117 N. Douglas St, Appleton, WI; and 109 E. Eighth St, Kaukauna, WI.
- We also conduct classes throughout the year at many local high schools: Appleton East, West, North, Xavier, and Little Chute.
- Please see our class schedule for dates/times.
What is the length of the training program?
- Classroom: 15 two-hour sessions
- Behind the Wheel: 6 Two-hour driving sessions. One hour of driving coupled with one hour of observation time while another student drives.
When can I get my Instruction Permit (Temps)?
- An individual must be 15 and 1/2 years of age, and either actively enrolled in a Driver’s Education class or have completed a class. Additionally, they must pass the State knowledge and signs test.
How do I schedule my Behind-the-Wheel lessons?
- Once you have notified our office that you have your Temps license you will be assigned an instructor as soon as one becomes available.
What if I have to re-schedule a BTW lesson?
- Simply call your BTW instructor to inform him/her of your need to re-schedule. NOTE: any cancellation not done at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will incur a $50 penalty fee. Students are encouraged to be responsible to manage their personal schedules and keep track of these appointments.
When I get my Temps license can I drive even if I haven’t started my Behind-the-Wheel lessons?
- YES! In fact, we encourage you to begin driving with a parent/guardian to develop vehicle handling skills, as well as begin applying knowledge of traffic laws/situation that are learned in class. Doing so will be to your advantage when the formal BTW lessons begin.
When can I do my road test?
- If you are under age 18, you must be 16 years of age and hold the Temps license for a minimum of six months.
Can I do my road test at any DMV location?
- Yes. No matter where you live in the state of Wisconsin, you can take your road test at any DMV location in the state.
How do I schedule my road test?
- You must schedule your road test online at the DOT website. Simply follow the instructions provided on the site.
Can I do a class online?
- Yes, both our full Online class and Hybrid/blend programs are now available. To register, just go to our online course on the class schedule page and submit the information required or call our office at 731-2121 to enroll.