What is necessary to enroll?
- You have two options to enroll. Find a class schedule on our website at: driversedfoxcities.com and fill out our on-line registration form or you may call our office at 731-2121 between 8:00-4:30, Monday -Friday.
- A deposit is required to hold a student’s place in a class.
Can I enroll in only the classroom or Behind the wheel portions of the program?
- Yes. While we encourage students to enroll in the program as a package, we understand there may be situations where an individual may need to separate those. Please call our office at (920)731-2121 for any specific questions you may have.
Where are the classes held?
- We have two dedicated local classrooms in the Fox Valley area: 117 N. Douglas St, Appleton, WI; and 101 E. Wisconsin Ave, Kaukauna, WI.
- We also conduct classes throughout the year at many local high schools: Appleton East, West, North, Xavier, and Little Chute.
- Please see our class schedule for dates/times.
What is the length of the training program?
- Classroom: 15 two-hour sessions
- Behind the Wheel: 6 Two-hour driving sessions. One hour of driving coupled with one hour of observation time while another student drives.
When can I get my Instruction Permit (Temps)?
- An individual must be 15 years of age, and have completed an in-person class or our Online course. Additionally, they must pass the State knowledge and signs test, either given in class or taken at the DMV.
- To take the temps test at the DMV, you MUST first stop at our office to get the MV3001 drivers license application, that we have to stamp, sign and date.
What do I have to take to the DMV to receive my temps license?
- The signed, stamped and dated MV3001 form.
- Three forms of identification:
- 1. Original Birth Certificate (cannot be a photocopy) OR a Valid Passport.
- 2. Social Security Card (DMV will accept just the S.S. number, but this does not qualify for the Real ID, which will be required by MAY 2023.
- 3. One other form of identification that has the student’s name and address on it. (ex. bank statement, envelope, DNR license, pay stub etc.)
How do I schedule my Behind-the-Wheel lessons?
- Once you have notified our office and given us both the Temps license number and issue date, you will be assigned to an instructor as soon as one becomes available. Lessons will normally be given the last 4 – 5 months before the student turns 16.
What if I have to re-schedule a BTW lesson?
- Simply call or text your BTW instructor to inform him/her of your need to re-schedule. NOTE: any cancellation not done at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will incur a $50 penalty fee. Students are encouraged to be responsible to manage their personal schedules and keep track of these appointments.
When I get my Temps license can I drive even if I haven’t started my Behind-the-Wheel lessons?
- YES! In fact, we encourage you to begin driving with a parent/guardian to develop vehicle handling skills, as well as begin applying knowledge of traffic laws/situation that are learned in class. Doing so will be to your advantage when the formal BTW lessons begin. The new state law requires parents to drive 50 hours with their student.
When can I do my road test?
- If you are under age 18, you must be 16 years of age and have held the Temps license for a minimum of six months. Currently, there is the Road Test Waiver option available. Until further notice, a parent may waive the Road Test for their student, if all 6 BTW lessons are completed, the student is at least 16 and has had their temps for 6 months. The Waiver Option can be found at the WDOT website.
Can I do my road test at any DMV location?
- Yes. No matter where you live in the state of Wisconsin, you can take your road test at any DMV location in the state.
How do I schedule my road test?
- You must schedule your road test online at the DOT website. Simply follow the instructions provided on the site. We have a link on our website also at: driversedfoxcities.com
Can I do a class online?
- Yes, both our full Online class and Hybrid/blend programs are now available. To register, just go to our online course on the class schedule page and submit the information required or call our office at (920) 731-2121 to enroll.
Is your school and instructors certified by the State of Wisconsin?