Drivers’ Education of the Fox Cities is a leader in driving school education in the Appleton and Fox Cities area. We are proud to provide consistent, high-quality education to our students. Our program is competitively priced and provides good value to our customers. The goal of our program is to provide students with the knowledge and practice to safely operate a motor vehicle in a variety of situations and road conditions. We will accomplish this through:
- Our Facilities will be neat, clean and safe. Students will have a work area that allows easy visibility to all instructional equipment, and visual aids.
- Our Instructors will be state certified and will be knowledgeable, punctual and courteous.
- Our Curriculum will be written and reviewed frequently. It will follow a logical sequence from basic driving skills to more sophisticated driving scenarios. The curriculum will utilize up to date relevant materials, including the State of Wisconsin Motorists Manual and the Drive Right textbook, which is widely used throughout the US.
- Our Work Environment will allow us to recruit and retain professional, courteous instructors through flexible hours, fair compensation and open communications.
- Convenient class location and times. We have 7 locations in the Appleton, Little Chute, Kaukauna areas.
- Behind the Wheel Training
- Classroom Training
- The Complete Program of both classroom and behind the wheel training
- Online Classroom complete program
We want our students to be safe, aware and responsible when they share the road with other drivers. With driving related fatalities being the number one killer of teenagers in the United States, we want to ensure students are not just passing a test and getting a license. Our highly trained, professional and qualified instructors have years of experience. This experience will be utilized to teach and prepare students for the responsibility and privilege of driving.
Complete Program for Driver’s Education
Classroom Training for Driver’s Education: Classroom training consists of 30 hours of instruction. The classes are held either Monday through Friday or Monday through Thursday. Attendance is required for all of the classes. Two excused absences can be made up with homework during the first two weeks of class only.
Our instructors are State certified and conduct the classes based on privately developed material derived from our over 50 years of Drivers Education experience. This material is covered in 15 classes, each two hours in length. The class curriculum is well organized and progresses from basic knowledge of the traffic laws and vehicle controls to more advanced knowledge and more sophisticated driving scenarios. Our goal is to produce safe knowledgeable drivers who, with adequate experience, can drive safely in a wide variety of traffic and weather conditions. Our curriculum is reviewed often to make sure that it is current and that it correctly represents laws and regulations.
If a student is under 18 years of age, the classroom training must be completed before the student can begin a behind the wheel program.
Refresher Training for Driver’s Education: Refresher training is available for our classroom program. The charge for the 10 hours of classroom training is $80.
Behind the Wheel Training for Driver’s Education: The standard behind the wheel training program consists of six 2-hour sessions. The student spends one hour operating the vehicle and the other hour observing another driver. Drivers Education of the Fox Cities provides free pick up and drop off of Behind the Wheel (BTW) students over a large area within the Fox River Valley. The free pick up / drop off area includes most of Appleton, Kimberly, Combined Locks, Darboy, Kaukauna, Little Chute, Neenah and Menasha. Call for detailed boundaries or see the Drop off- Pick Up Area map. We offer flexible hours and schedules to accommodate our students, but we expect our students to keep scheduled appointments. A no-show fee of $50 is charged for students who fail to keep their lesson appointments. All of our cars and drivers are equipped with cellular phones.
If need be, Drivers Education of the Fox Cities makes its cars available for the state road (licensing) test. A $60 fee is charged for the use of the car during the first road test. If a second road test is required a $45 fee is charged for the use of our vehicle. The use of our car is entirely optional.
The State of Wisconsin requires that a minimum of 19 days must lapse between the first lesson and the sixth (last) behind the wheel lesson.
Adult Lessons: Adult lessons are available for adult drivers who want to improve their driving skills or for those who may not have driven for an extended period of time. Private lessons are given at the rate of $90 per hour.
“ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!”